August 20, 2014

Brake Duty

Well much time has past since I purchased the 7 and many things have been slow going due to many things. But as of late I've been working on this thing 4-5 days a week just to make some progress! Its been like 90-98 degrees in my garage but that didn't stop me as much as I hate roasting my buns off!

So I'll direct our focus on the stock brake rotors which I thought for sure were goners lol rusty as heck and haven't been used for over 10 years but hey my guys over at JER fixed me up. I figured I'd rock these temporarily during the construction period (until its running) so I may then focus some real attention on the brakes and how they function and what improvements if any need to be made.

So this is where I was I guess many of you who have messed with older rotors know the condition of these at first site...not me. But I gave'em to my bro's at JER and this is what the gave me in return.
Not bad right? The width was still within spec and for temp use I can live with'em. So me being me I like cool looking things...in this case less crappy looking. So I masked these off and painted them down.




And so here we are, resurfaced and freshly painted....bling!





So I thought I was done, until a buddy of mine made a simple suggestion which turned out to be more laborious than I had figured it would be upon re-instillation...whatever at least it looks cool right?

 






All done for now. Time to focus on my 5spd swap and my engine rebuild.

1 comment:

  1. Here, are few of the best aftermarket steering wheels that help the car to run smoothly and efficiently
    Best Aftermarket Steering Wheels

    ReplyDelete